So we have tried to be as romantic as possible. Here are just a few ideas to get you going.
- Walk through San Marco, Venice at 0400 in the early morning and feel the stillness. It is best to do this in Spring or Summer just before sunrise. Just you and the early morning slowly stirring.
- Book a private tour to the Basilica of San Marco, not for the faint-hearted when it comes to budget but well worth it or take the early morning Vatican tour and get to experience the Sistine Chapel in its full glory just you, your partner and the guide. There may be some other people there however not the crowds. You will definitely be moved!
3. Go on a tour with our specialized guide who will take you behind the scenes of noble palaces and homes which will open just for you. Sshhhh it’s a secret.
4. Get yourself organized and pre-book tickets for the Accademia Gallery in Florence and get to see David in the “flesh” ……… for all you others who prefer the female form how about pre booking the Uffizi and checking out Botticelli’s “The birth of Venus”, you will be moved. Or a visit to the Capella San Severo in Naples where you get to touch the veiled Christ and if this does not move you to tears…..
5. Watch the sunset from the terraces of Ravello over a Mimosa cocktail or even better, a Rossini! We have so many terraces available for you. Or head off the beaten track and find some amazing places where you just feel great!
6. Book a table for 2 at one of the many Michelin star properties throughout the country and fall in love with the food available to you. We have a list of great places just waiting for you.
7. Choose to drive a selection of Sports cars, everything is possible, from the Ferrari to Lamborghini to name but a few. We highly recommend that you choose to do this on the Amalfi Coast. The leather gloves, the foulard, the soft breeze in your hair, the dramatic scenery….just imagine parking the car and stepping out!
8. A romantic and private boat tour for 2 on Lake Como with your chilled bottle of Italian Sparkling wine. Admire the lakeside villas which beckon you – Villa d’Este, Villa Erba, Villa Olmo, Villa Fontanelle, Villa Cassinella, the wonderful Villa Balbianello, Villa Carlotta……Or why not overwhelm your partner with a yacht, we have a range of possibilities.
9. Enjoy chocolate cuddles in Montecatini with an anti-age “Choco Energy” face treatment followed by a slimming-energizing “Choco Minceur” body treatment based on the properties of cocoa, chocolate, black pepper and honey. If you fancy something a little more wine based… go for a purifying rebalancing wine treatment with a Chianti Sangiovese grape must body scrub with massage followed by an ozone bath with wine nectar (Virgin Red Grape Juice), facial muscle toning massage and gel masks with Chardonnay Grapes from Lake Garda, strawberry juice and raspberry honey.
10. Enjoy wine tasting in the Roman cellars of an excellent restaurant in Piazza Erbe in the historical centre of Verona. With over 600 labels and a total of 7000 bottles managed and cared for by qualified and highly competent staff. Or if you fancy something a little more intimate try a candle-lit dinner for 2 in their cellar with your own personal waiter for the night.
11. Spend a night in an intimate hotel and enjoy a bottle of the Veneto’s finest in the evening under Juliet’s balcony, just you, your partner and the stillness of the courtyard.
12. Try something a little different and stay in a “unique” art hotel in Sicily where reality and fantasy seem to coexist in every room. For all you lovers we suggest La Torre di Sigismondo, an art room created by the movie director Raoul Ruiz. With a huge round bed which revolves and occupies the entire space of the tower. Guests have the opportunity of opening up the roof revealing the starry sky.
13. A night at the opera? A Concert? With so much choice you are actually spoilt for choice. From La Fenice in Venice to la Scala in Milan… Check out Andrea Boccelli who will be playing on the 30th July 2016, Or Muse who are back in Italy this year. Book your tickets for the Adele concert and she is playing at the Arena in Verona in May and add Justin Bieber, The Cure, Zucchero and Rihanna to the list … well you really do need to get it sorted!
14. Stay in a candle-lit cave in the heart of Matera. We have some other really unique hospitality for you in Abruzzo… if you want to be unique, then this is it.
15. Hire a Vespa in Rome and discover the hidden treasures which await. Become Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn for the day.
16. A balloon trip for 2 over Tuscany or a helicopter tour over Venice.
17. Book a trio to come to your apartment in Rome and enjoy a private concert or why not a classical guitarist or violinist, we can even go as far as a mandolin and guitar!
18. Forget the selfie and organise a paparazzi Photo shoot. At the moment only possible in Rome.
19. Take a trip to Italy on the Orient Express. A true Art Deco icon, the legendary Venice Simplon-Orient-Express is one of the world’s most famous luxury trains. Step aboard and experience truly elegant travel, wrapped in timeless romance. If your budget does not allow you this extravagance, why not take the train to Italy and book a compartment just for the 2 of you and bring Bond to life.
20. For our last idea, we leave this totally open to you. Perhaps after all this romance you need a bit of a rest!
Thank you to ENIT for allowing us to use their images…..